Academics - Graduate Program
Step by Step Guide to Completion of Master’s Degree (Thesis Program)
Complete the Application for Advanced Degree. The deadline for this application is:
September 15 for December degree conferral
December 15 for winter degree conferral
February 15 for May degree conferral
May 15 for August degree conferral
Please complete the form, have your advisor sign it, and bring the form to Gwen Looby, she will get the other required signatures and email you when this has been done. Bring the completed form to the Office of Graduate & Professional Education with your check.
Please follow the Office of Graduate & Professional Education Step by Step Guide to Graduation.
- Be sure to make an appointment with Eileen Burgett in the Office of Graduate and Professional Education on or before the deadline to submit the required documents for your master’s thesis. Check the website above to see what you need to bring to the meeting. Deadline dates are provided on the OGS web page above.
Please complete steps 2-5 about one week prior to your meeting with OGS.In addition to the OGS requirements, our department requires that you provide the following materials:
- One copy on plain white paper (to be read by those providing signatures – this can be printed double-sided).
- Four copies (or more – 1 for our dept.; 3 for the Office of Graduate & Professional Education) of the signature pages printed on bond paper. These must be signed by your advisor. Also, please be sure to include Dr. Barner’s middle initial, E. (Kenneth E. Barner, Ph.D.)
After obtaining the signature of your advisor:
- Bring the above to Gwen Looby to check the format and get Dr. Barner to sign your thesis. Gwen will take your thesis to the Dean’s office for his signature. She will email you when this is complete.
- When you pick up your completed signature pages, pick up a Request for a Copy of Signature Pages Form from Gwen Looby (blue paper - bring this form to your meeting in OGS with Eileen Burgett).
After your thesis has been approved by the Graduate Office, please submit the following to Gwen Looby:
- One copy on bond/watermark paper (to be bound for our Dept’s. library – this must be printed single-sided).
- Email a PDF copy of your thesis to her at email@example.com
If you are finishing your degree and will be leaving the University of Delaware, please be sure to do the following:
- If you have a department credit card please return it to Karen DiStefano, room 136 Evans Hall.
- Return all keys for the refund of your deposit to Wendy Scott, room 201 Evans Hall.
- Email your new address to me so we can forward important mail to you.
- Please complete Exit Procedures Form.
If you have any questions, please contact Gwen Looby in Room 140, Evans Hall, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at telephone ext. 2406.